Thursday, December 20, 2012

Update and cancer musings

Hello Denziens of the Internet!


I think Natalie is probably doing a pretty good job at keeping everyone up to date on the comings and goings on.  The past few days have been pretty good.  I finished up the last few days of cytoxin, and I've been able to enjoy a few days off from chemo.  It has been pretty drasic to see the difference that the medicine has made.

A week ago, the tumors had progressed to the point where they resembled what my doctor called "the uterus of a 20 week pregnant women"  Today, the outward physical manifistations of the tumors have pretty much dissapeared.   I'm a firm believer in the body's ability to heal itself, but I'm convinced that sometimes it needs a little help.

I think I have dialed into the right coctail of anti nausea drugs to keep me from becoming too familiar with the emesis basin, and all in all things are going well.

Last night the youth from the ward came up to visit.  They must have bought every helium baloon in a 5 mile radius.  They have made my room very festive.  They came up and sang some beautiful christmas carols.  I may or may not have shed a few tears.  It was really really nice way to spend a few minutes.  I was grateful for the sacrafice they made in coming to visit me.

This might become a theme, but I have been gratified by the sacrafices people have been willing o make on my and my families behalf.

On a lighter note:
I have managed to lose that pesky 10 lbs that I have been trying to lose so long.  So that's nice.

3 comments:

  1. I love this soblog and am so pleased to hear how you are doing and all With all the prayers,faith support and love,You and your family are winners in this race love you so much.

    Love mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. My guess? You DID shed tears you ol' softy you.
    And that crazy 20 week pregnant tumor? Wow. I'm not suprised you lost a tich of weight. We get to loose those too, when we have the baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your smart sarcasm and witty humor. Stay strong like you always did. All my positive thoughts are with you. I am taking few extra backcountry ski runs to I send you some fresh& awesome cold winter weather.

    Daniela

    ReplyDelete