Tuesday, December 18, 2012

They like me so much, I'm going to get a room upgrade

I just found out that I am going to get a room upgrade.  They said it was because they needed a room in the Bone Marrow Transplant section for a patient who is sicker then me, but I'm pretty sure its because of my boyish good looks, and my frequent traveler status.

I haven't been moved yet, but if any of you come to visit, double check the rooom.

Today has been a good day.

Not only did I not change out of pajama pants all day toda (see earlier post about awesome things about cancer) I was able to eat and mostly keep down an entire jamba juice, a ensign brothers asiago cream cheese bagle, and a bunch of short bread cookies.

living the high life.

I finish up the initial round with Cytoxin tonight, which likely means that my stint as the peeing champion of the floor might be coming to an end.  Cytoxin does some particularly nasty things to your kidneys and bladder so they try to flush them out as much as possible.  I don't think I will be too upset not to have to wake every two hours.

The doctors and nurses have been great, as has been the support from so many friends and family.  I count myself incredibly blessed to be surrounded by so many great people..  Not the least of whom is my amazing and beautiful companion Natalie.  I can't imagine being able to do this a second time without her.  I've been listening to a lot or random music, but this song reminds me of her:
The Killers: Prize Fighter
"When it comes to tight rope walking, She's world renowned....... she works 268 hours a week, I wait to meet her match"

Love you baby.  

I'm going to be your prize fighter.


4 comments:

  1. So good to hear that you can eat and your attitude is such a great example I am so proud of you and I do agree that Natalie is a amazing I love her so much and the kids of course too. I love your blog.

    love mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear u are doing a little better and that ur boyish good looks got u a room upgrade lol. Your spirit thru this is so amazing and u do have a awesome wife :). Well continue doing well and your guys are in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear you're doing well Joe. Thinking about ya, and praying for ya. I hope you told the nurses that you "really" know why you're getting a room upgrade. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joe, you are one special dude! Don't how many people would have such a positive outlook. I love reading your blog as much as I love hearing you telling your stories; just sorry you are where you are doing it. Stay positive Joe, I know with everyone praying for you, and your wonderful wife Natalie, you will get through this horrible step in your life. Love ya Joe! Andrea

    ReplyDelete