Friday, December 21, 2012

Its the end of the world and I feel fine.... well maybe a little tired

First, big thanks go to my cousin Katie who helped me with my title naming convention quandry.  Cancer update 1, 2, 3....etc just wasn't really doing it for me.  she suggested naming my posts after random music quotes.  I like the idea.   Be aware of future posts making even less sense than they do currently.

If any of you were like me you were probably up late last night waiting for our mayan alien overlords to visit us in their technologically superior spaceships and to cause the end of the world.  No?  Well me neither, I was mostly kept awake by random hospital stuff, and I'm still not smart enough to realize that there are pretty good pharmacological options to put people to sleep.

I pretty spent a pretty restless time from midnight to three, and from three to 6 watching late night cable tv infomercials.  At six I finally realized that sometimes drugs were my friend, and I was zonked.

Things go well.  They continue to watch my counts go down from the initial dose of chemo,but I still feel pretty good.  I was telling Natalie yesterday that I feel like a bit of a fraud,since I'm the only guy who still has any hair on the floor. I'm guessing I'll lose that before I know it.n in the mean time I'm enjoying the relative freedom of not having to shave.
I will have to double check, but I think my next big roundofnchemo starts tomorrow. Methotrexate looks a lot like mountain dew,but instead of being delicious,tries to kill you.  Should be fun

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if any of the spirit of this years BIFF returned to Bicknell today of all days.

    ReplyDelete