Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Musings while receiving an echocardiogram

So one of the slew of procedures I get to have in preparation with my face off against chemo is an echo-cardiogram.

Essentially they use an ultrasound to look at your heart.  I made some observations.


  1. Ultrasounds look pretty much the same regardless what part of the body they are of.  I swear the ultrasound of my heart looked pretty much exactly the same as the ultrasounds of my two children before they were born.
  2. I lose interest pretty quickly when I can't figure out what's going on.  The tech was really nice, and was trying to give me a play by play of all the things she was seeing.  To me it was a bunch of squiggly lines that I didn't really understand.  I think I fell asleep a few times.
  3. Ultrasound gel on your nipples doesn't feel as good as you'd think it would.
As far as I could tell everything looks to be as it should, so that's a nice thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment